Dr. Collins is a Clinical Psychologist who specializes in mind/body awareness techniques to work with stress, anxiety, panic, trauma and mood disorders. She is a Somatic Experiencing Practitioner and has completed a certificate program with the Somatic Experiencing Trauma Institute. Dr. Collins also specializes in mindfulness and compassion-based therapy to support individuals with stress reduction, trauma healing, reducing anxiety and depression. Dr. Collins is a Certified Mindfulness Facilitator from the UCLA Mindful Awareness Research Center, Mindfulness Facilitation Program. She has developed a series on Mindful Awareness Practices for Couples to support the practice of mindfulness-based communication and relationship skills. Dr. Collins has maintained a personal mindfulness meditation practice over the past 16 years.
More specifically, Dr. Collins offers:
- Mindfulness-based individual and group therapy for anxiety, panic & depression
- Somatic experiencing therapy for working with trauma
- Heartmath practices and therapeutic meditation to increase calm, decrease anxiety & stress-related physical complaints
- Mindfulness-based communication training for couples to reduce relationship stress
- Online coaching support for habit change & mindfulness practice